Monday, July 14, 2014


     I am one who absolutely believes that we have a Father God who listens to His children, that we can approach the throne of grace with great assurance that He will listen. SO – I believe that we can ask the question “Why.”      But let’s keep something in perspective – we are just like Job. When Job asked the “why” he didn’t receive the answer, nor did David through out Psalms. What they did learn was to trust God and to trust that He would work it out if they did.

      WHEN LIFE THROWS YOU A CURVE… AND TRUST ME IT WILL – WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH IT? None of us is immune from the ups and downs of life. Nor can any of us can escape the reality of physical death. Just as death is certain – so too is normal life, it isn’t what happens to you so much as what you do with it.

     Romans 8:28 reads – “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”

     One key here is that it DOESN’T say that all things are “good” BUT that God works all of life together for the good. If someone loves and trusts and accepts God, if they are convinced that God is the all-wise and all-loving Father, then they can humbly accept all that He sends to him.

So the question start with “Why God…” but leads to – “How would You have me respond to this?” “What would You have me learn from this?”

     Trust me when I say that sometimes when life happens to you and it happens FAST far too often; you might find it hard to pray, you might not be able to form the words with you lips. But I bet you could with your heart. Just before Paul penned that deep truth of verse 28 wrote -

     “And in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words…” Romans 8:26 

     At this very moment there is a woman that has been thrown a curve in life, she is in a hospital bed. At this very moment another is facing a drastic life change that they didn’t see coming. Another was forced to make quick life decisions. Their groaning’s from weakness are being carried to the Father be the Spirit. Yes I am sure they may have thought of the question “why” but I would bet each must grow into the place where they question is asked – “ok, God… now what?” Not in a negative sense but one that asks – “What do you want me to do about it?” “How do you want me to respond to this?”     Sometimes the answer is a simple – “TRUST ME, I will work it out for the good if you love and trust Me.”

     I’ll will go out on a limb here and say that you have either been in a time like that, that you are going through a time like that – and if it is neither – you WILL go through a time like that… It isn’t, it won’t be good. We all know that not all life is cotton candy, unicorns and rainbows but that quite often can be rocks, goats and black clouds

     But in that moment… let me encourage you – PRAY. Pray straight from the heart. If you cannot form the words let the groans of you heart be carried by the Holy Spirit who will intercede for you. When you can’t pray, when weakness or tragedy overcomes your ability (physically or spiritually) to pray, when you are at a loss as to what to pray for – God’s word tells you – just pray from the heart.

 I promise you that God who hears you in silence will answer you. I know it to be true, I have seen the results of sincere pray avail much…(if it looks like I’m mumbling that just me praying)

We are all in this together –

See you – “In The Trenches”  

Doug

 

When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart.”

John Bunyan

No comments:

Post a Comment