Monday, June 2, 2014



Matthew 25:34-40
 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’
Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
The Hungry               The Thirsty                    The Stranger
The Naked                The Sick                        The Prisoner
Those who seem to have nothing to give back. Those who really don’t have anything to give back. Those who may be considered the “untouchables”…
They matter to God. They are important to God. When you and I reach out to those who can do nothing for us we are the most like Christ and we make God proud.
Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.
WOW…!!! ”…for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men” God is kind to the ungrateful and evil? Well, that’s what it says.
Society takes care of its own. Society will care for those who look like “me”, who talk like “me” – dress like “me” – are in the same economic circle as “me”…  People, no matter where they are in life want kindness, love, relationship and I often wonder why we just give it to those who are “like us.” We all selfishly do it because we (under the surface) want to get something back. I know that am guilty of it.  But when we give to those who can give nothing in return, when we share kindness with the “untouchables,” when we touch their lives with kindness and they know that we want nothing in return – that kindness will shine into their life the love of Christ.
I want to challenge you to share the love, share the kindness with someone who ISNT like you – catch them off guard and be Jesus to them…


No comments:

Post a Comment